frequently asked questions
Should I schedule a consultation prior to booking?
- Consultations are available but not required so it is up to your discretion if you would like one.
- The cost is $20, but is put towards your service if you choose to book.
- Consultations can be booked online under the "Microblading" section.
How should I prepare for my appointment?
- Avoid anything the night before or morning of that increases or thins your blood (working out, b vitamins, fish oil, niacin, alcohol, coffee.)
- Come wearing your brow makeup so we can see how you like your brows
- Bring photos of brows your like
- Bring headphones
What is "Powder Affect?"
- Powder affect is a shading technique recommended for clients who have areas they wish to add strokes to that have less hair than other areas, have very few natural brow hairs, or clients who want a more "made up" look.
Is the process painful?
- You are numbed with a liquid lidocaine. How well you respond to the numbing agent will determine your comfort level during the appointment. Some people do not experience any pain, while others may be uncomfortable during the first pass.
- More numbing is applied as the skin continues to open and therefore, you will feel less and less as the process continues.
How is the shape determined?
- La Vie follows your natural shape and merely enhances it to suite your face shape.
- One brow is drawn on and together, we analyze and change it to ensure you love it!
- After the second is drawn on, again, you approve to ensure they are even and you love the complete look.
How is the color determined?
- The color is determined based on your natural brow color.
- More importantly is the tone. We choose the tone (cool/warm) based on the opposite of your skin tone. When it heals, the tone of your skin will neutralize it.
- The final color cannot be known until 28 days after the skin is healed. We then evaluate and can tweek at the touchup.
How long with my appointment take?
- The initial process will take 2.5 hours
- Touch ups will take 1.5 hours
What is the aftercare?
- The most important action is to completly leave the brows alone for seven-ten days (while scabs are still present.) Do not scratch, rub, get them wet, or put product on them. Because the needles only deposit ink into the top layer of skin, there is risk that the ink will be pulled out with the scabs if the scabs come off prematurely. This can happen if the scabs are moistened, scratched, or rubbed off.
How can I avoid getting them wet for 7-10 days?
- Take baths instead of showers when possible
- If a bath is not possible, take a luke warm shower as to not produce too much steam which can soften and melt away the scabs too soon.
- Pamper yourself at the salon with a blow-out or use dry shampoo
- Wash your face with a wash clothe or facial wipes
Can I work out or wear makeup during the healing process?
- Working out is not recommended if you are a heavy sweater
- You can wear makeup around your brows, but do not get it too close or you may not be able to wash it off without touching the brows.
How do I care for them after they are healed?
- Wear sunscreen until your touch up
- You can use grape seed oil on them if they feel dry
- Don't be alarmed if the color fades or some of the strokes disappear. This is why a touch up is necessary; the final color won't appear until the skin is completely healed 1-1.5 months later.
How often to I need to get a touch up?
- You will need to get one touch up 4-7 weeks after your first appointment which is included in the initial cost. If this touch up is not done, the brows will fade quickly. It is also necessary to darken the color, adjust the tone, and correct any strokes that did not stick.
- After that, touch ups are usually needed 9-18 months later. As long as the strokes are still present and no drawing is required, you will only need to pay for a color refresh.