frequently asked questions
What are eyelash extensions?
What makes La Vie a premium experience?
How long with my appointment take?
- The initial application process can take anywhere from 2-4 hours; relash appointments are 1-2.5 hours. Specific appointment times are listed on the service menu.
- Be prepared to remain still with your eyes closed for the duration of the appointment.
How long will they last?
- With proper home care and relash appointments, you can keep your lashes looking flawless as long as you'd like.
- Relash appointments are recommended every 2-2.5 weeks.
Can lash extensions damage my natural lashes?
How should I prepare for my appointment?
- Remove all eye makeup prior to arriving to you appointment.
- Avoid coffee if it makes you jittery
- Be prepared to relax!
What type of lashes are best for me?
Is the adhesive safe?
- Yes. La Vie uses medical grade adhesives and removers that do not contain preservatives or other chemicals that some adhesives contain to keep them lasting longer.
- We also dispose of our glue monthly to maximize hold time and decrease irritation.
- Allergic reactions are rare but can occur.
What are the lashes made of?
- Borboleta Beauty lashes are made of a high quality faux mink material made of unique synthetic yarn fibers resembling very close to human hair. The man-made fibers are designed to imitate real mink fur.
How do I care for them?
Can I get my extensions wet, swim with them, etc.?
- It is a myth that you cannot get your extensions wet. In fact, by not cleaning or wetting your lashes, you are causing debris, dirt, and oil to build up which is the most damaging thing you can do to the lash retention and your natural lash/eyelid health.
How should I schedule if I currently have eyelash extensions from another establishment?
- La Vie cannot guarantee a standard relash service will be applied until the condition of your existing lashes and extensions are determined.
- Once determined, one of three options will be recommended: 1) Proceed with the relash. 2) More time is needed than the standard relash. The service can be performed, but there may be an up-charge. 3) Remove the existing lashes and reschedule a full set.
- It is recommended that you stop in the studio prior to booking for a recommendation of how to proceed. By booking an appointment, you are reserving the time allotment for that service and will be charged for it even if we cannot complete the service.
Can I wear mascara/eye makeup?
Can I still wear my contacts?